Pennsylvania

A nine year old boy died by electrocution in Philadelphia when he made contact with a light pole.

A Guide Dog was shocked by stepping on an electrified plate on a Philadelphia sidewalk.

Several dogs were shocked on South Street in Philadelphia after touching an electrified sidewalk

At this time there is not an adequate utility, legislative, or regulatory initiative to address the problem of contact voltage in Pennsylvania leaving pedestrians and pets vulnerable to shock or electrocution.

To voice your concerns to representatives in Pennsylvania please use the links below:

National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates

Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission

Pennsylvania U.S. Representatives

Pennsylvania U.S. Senators

Local Legislators

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Please click on the map below to learn about contact voltage in your State.