Nevada

Las Vegas

A 39 year old woman was electrocuted by energized metal plate covering a street utility box on the Las Vegas Strip. Insulation on the underlying wiring inside the box had eroded

At this time there is not an adequate utility, legislative, or regulatory initiative to address the problem of contact voltage in Nevada leaving pedestrians and pets vulnerable to shock or electrocution.

To voice your concerns to representatives in Nevada please use the links below:

National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates

Nevada Public Utilities Commission

Nevada U.S. Representatives

Nevada U.S. Senators

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Please click on the map below to learn about contact voltage in your State.