Illinois

An 8 year old boy was electrocuted after touching an energized light pole in Peoria.

Learn More:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/02/28/2-investigators-stray-voltage-dangers/

http://www.pjstar.com/news/police/x1269205964/Boys-electrocution-ruled-accidental

At this time there is not an adequate utility, legislative, or regulatory initiative to address the problem of contact voltage in Illinois leaving pedestrians and pets vulnerable to shock or electrocution.

To voice your concerns to representatives in Illinois please use the links below:

National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates

Public Utilities Commission of Illinois

Illinois U.S. Representatives

Illinois U.S. Senators

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Please click on the map below to learn about contact voltage in your State.