Florida

Miami:

Two 15 year-old boys electrocuted in energized puddle adjacent to faulty Miami streetlight

12 year-old boy electrocuted by energized bus shelter

Woman electrocuted while crossing Biscayne boulevard by faulty underground wiring

Horse electrocuted and man hospitalized after contact with energized utility box

Boy electrocuted by South Dade light pole

Orlando:

Girl dies from electric shock while playing mini golf in Orlando

 

At this time there is not an adequate utility, legislative, or regulatory initiative to address the problem of contact voltage in Florida leaving pedestrians and pets vulnerable to shock or electrocution.

To voice your concerns to representatives in Florida please use the links below:

National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates

Florida Public Service Commission

Florida U.S. Representatives

Florida U.S. Senators

Local Legislators

_______________________________________________________________________________

Please click on the map below to learn about contact voltage in your State.