California

San Diego
A 20 year old man was instantly killed when he made contact with an energized metal bus shelter on Market Street in San Diego.

Sacramento
A 9-year-old girl was electrocuted in Sacremento by a faulty light pole.
Newport Beach
A man was shocked by a streetsign in Newport Beach. The sign had been electrified by an underground utility fault.

Los Angeles
Dog electrocuted by exposed wires inside park utility box

At this time there is not an adequate utility, legislative, or regulatory initiative to address the problem of contact voltage in California leaving pedestrians and pets vulnerable to shock or electrocution.

To voice your concerns to representatives in California please use the links below:

National Association of State Utility Consumer Advocates

California Public Utilities Commission

California U.S. Representatives

California U.S. Senators

Local Legislators

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Please click on the map below to learn about contact voltage in your State.