Girl Dies From Electric Shock While Playing Mini Golf In Orlando

Orlando, Fl (The Journal) – Authorities say an 11-year-old New York girl was electrocuted while trying to retrieve a ball from a pond at a time-share resort’s miniature golf course near Orlando.

Orange County deputies say Ashton Jojo cried out in pain Wednesday afternoon as she stepped into the 2-foot-deep pond. Orange Lake Resort guest Christopher Burges of Alabama heard her screams and tried to rescue her. He was also injured.

The girl died shortly after arriving at Florida Hospital Celebration.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that a medical examiner confirmed electrocution as the cause of death Thursday. Inspectors said it appears that electrical breakers for the pond’s pump were improperly replaced.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.